- Walking hurts. Normal people can walk two blocks without pain. I want to be a normal people and do that too.
- Nice clothing. I can't wear it. Stuck in big-ass jeans and baggy t-shirts.
- Cute shoes. Sorry, but they look stoopid holding up my fat ass.
- Bike. I wanna ride it without scarring the neighbors for life.
- Stairs. Ow. 'Nuff said about that.
- The embarrassment of having to say "sorry, I can't ... "
- Seat belt in someone else's car and that "oh gods, please let it fit" moment.
- Airplane seats (and seat belts). Is there anything more embarrassing than having to ask for a seat belt extender? Or pretending that you're buckled in when you're not and praying nobody notices?
- Okay, I'll admit it: Housework is exhausting. That's why my house is a freakin' disaster right now.
- Fear of imminent heart attack. Yeah. Seriously.
- Grocery shopping qualifies as exercise.
- Being horribly self-conscious in public because I just know everyone is staring at me. Especially if I'm carrying a drink or food of any kind.
- Joint pain. Yeah, I know my knee, hip, and ankle hurt because they're supporting so much weight.
- Lower back pain. Likewise. And can't do much of anything without that hurting.
- Leg going numb from simply standing around for 10 minutes. Normal people can do that without discomfort.
- Swimsuit. No. I used to actually like going swimming.
- The scale at the doctor's office. NOT my friend.
- Sex. Yeah. The idea of getting naked and someone else not just looking but touching ... uck. I'd kinda like to get some again someday, but ... no.
- Going to a restaurant and worrying about fitting in the booth.
- Getting hurt more easily. A slip can actually do serious damage.
- Being lonely. Yeah, back to the whole "don't want anyone to see or touch" thing. Can't imagine finding someone who would find all this lovable.
- Toenail clipping. Forget buffing and polishing.
- Bad skin. Yeah, I still break out like a teenager. Lovely.
- Tiny little bike saddle. Big fat arse. Lycra.
Thursday, August 19, 2010
Why being fat sucks #4
Just thinking out loud here this morning, brainstorming a laundry list of why I hate being a fat cow.