Sunday, September 12, 2010

You Have Such a Pretty Face

Yes, the one phrase I hated the most as a kid. "You have such a pretty face."  Always followed by, "You should lose weight so people can see it!"  What does that even mean to a kid, eh? My mental translation was you'd be pretty if you weren't so fat and I'd wonder how they could tell it was pretty if I was so fat that they couldn't see my pretty face ... meh, kid logic.

Have I got a pretty face? Dunno, really. I've never really seen it. Yep, always been fat. Fat baby, fat teenager, fat old lady. Thinking it's time to find out.

Ooooh, a bit emo today, me. Time to get that back under the hat!

Little triumphs: 20 pounds down today, and I have to dig out my smaller (heh) cycling shorts 'cause the ones I've been using are creeping up into places they ought not!  Also, was able to move around a bit more on the bike today ... even let go of the handlebars and sit up to pedal for a bit!  20 minutes felt easy - will add another 5 on the next round.

Sorry I've been so quiet all weekend ... haven't slept worth a damn the last several nights and had to go in to the office yesterday and today. I'm still here, still plugging away, still peeling off an ounce at a time.

1 comment:

  1. Hey, an ounce here, an ounce there... pretty soon it adds up to pounds. That's the key to this business, I've found: the willingness to hang on and ride out every storm. Nobody accomplishes what they set out to do overnight, and it's really, really easy to backslide.

    But I can tell you that it does get easier over time. I think you're already noticing that your body is starting to buy in to the notion that you're serious about this life change.

    Keep your head in the game and keep chugging away.

    ReplyDelete